Monday, October 18, 2010

Coffee and hugs for everyone. And men in heels.

So I feel kind of bad for bitching about Geeksoc on my last blog entry. I went to an anime screening tonight (I especially liked a very silly one about bread and one that was more like the Hayao Miyazaki films I already knew, with a strong fantasy theme), and not only have they changed the rooms, but everyone was so sweet and accommodating and goofy. It was all laughter and hugs and warm and fuzzy feelings. So, looove Geeksoc, even the 3 people who were moaning on the forum about having to change venues. I don't know who you guys are, but let's have a virtual group hug.
Yea, Geeksoc made me happy. What made me also happy is that I found 2 very nice study-cafes. I prefer doing my reading in cafes, as I get more of a "OMGZ I AM IN LONDON"-kick out of it than at home or at the library (also, the library is sort of labyrinth-ish, sans David Bowie. It scares me a little). This habit also lends itself to buying lipstick during study breaks. Which might or might not be a good thing.
Anyways, one of the cafes I found is in Covent Garden (so close enough to uni), the other one's in Shoreditch so I can at least feel super hip while feeling super stupid for not understanding my Marx and Foucault texts. But I still want to find a cafe to do my reading somewhere between Waterloo and London Bridge (preferably not too far south, or there's a 99% chance that I might get lost). So if you know a good place in that area that meets the following criteria, let me know:

- bright and spacious
- no stairs to get in
- either music that is very subdued or very good
- good coffee
- not too crowded

Besides cafes and societies, I have also been to a debauchery of the best kind on Saturday night, a new club night hosted by the amazing Scottee Scottee. Check out pics . none of me, but still worth looking at - ha. Lots of gorgeous men in high heels. I'll now go back to my reading about Oscar Wilde and gay men. Life is good. Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello, is it me you're looking for?